Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Setting the right resolution for your Ubuntu 8.04 - Take 2


Bookmark and Share


My first post about solving the resolution problem of Ubuntu 8.04 in my computer did solved it for a little while but after my reboot the problem unfortunately came back. And by the way, my monitor, keyboard and mouse where not really directly connected into my Ubuntu machine, I am using a KVM switch since I don't use my Ubuntu box much often, I need to switch to my other machine running on a different Operating System.

I did another googling and found this solution:

  1. Open the terminal application and execute this command:
    $ sudo displayconfig-gtk
    Then provide your super user/root password.

  2. A Screen and Graphics Preferences window will pop-up.
    This time my problem was that I am using a ViewSonic LCD monitor but its model does not exist under its list of known ViewSonic model. What I did was, I set the Manufacturer to Generic then for the Model I set it to LCD Panel 1280x1024 then click OK.


And so thats it, it solved my problem. Hope this will solve your problem this time too.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment